I have made this lasagna many times and it is always a big hit. I make 2 or 3 at a time, because it freezes so well. You can assemble several in the same amount of time it takes to make just one. Cook one, then wrap up the extras un-cooked and place in the freezer for an easy dinner during the week. I have also made individual lasagnas in square 4×8 pirex dishes.
This recipe makes two 9×13 pans of lasagna
4 free range eggs
4 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella (three 6 0z bags)
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar (one 8 oz bag)
2 cups shredded Parmesan (two 5 oz bags)
2 containers cottage cheese (two 16 oz)
3 Tbsp parsley
3 lb ground beef or venison
3 onions diced
10 cloves garlic, minced
3 jars (25 oz each) homemade spaghetti sauce
2 boxes no-boil lasagna noodles
1. In a bowl mix half of the mozzarella cheese, half of the parmesan cheese, all of the cottage cheese, all of the cheddar cheese. Add eggs and parsley and stir.
2. In skillet brown the meat, onion, and garlic. Add spaghetti sauce
3. Spread a thin layer of meat mixture in the bottom of your casserole dishes
4. Cover with a layer of noodles
5. Cover with a layer of the cheese mixture.
Repeat steps 3 through 5 until you are out of ingredients. Top with your remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
Bake at 350 degrees covered with foil for 45 minutes
Remove cover and bake an additional 25 minutes.