Taco Salad for the Candida Free Kitchen
2/3 Cup Quinoa
1 Cup homemade Bone Broth
1 lb ground turkey/chicken/beef/venison etc
2-4 Tbsp homemade Taco Seasoning
Romaine or iceberg Lettuce
Grape or Cherry Tomatoes
homemade Salsa Verde or ‘green sauce” as Rob likes to call it.
- Bring bone broth to a boil, add quinoa and simmer until tender
- Brown ground meat
- Add cooked quinoa, and homemade taco seasoning. Adding more broth if mixture is too dry
- Allow mixture to cool slightly
- Toss mixture with all remaining ingredients to make salad.
- Top with homemade yogurt if desired.
We love this meal. Something about the still slightly warm meat mixture and the crunchy cold lettuce. Yum! Plus it is “Phase One” safe, if you are following a Candida free way of life, or just plain trying to eat more vegetables!